Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Name that bush

Healthy bush
I need help naming this bush. I have searched google to no avail on this one. Here is a picture of the healthy bush next to it. I would be forever grateful if someone could identify what it is. I am afraid the unhealthy bush is getting pretty close to being past saving which makes me sad.


Unhealthy bush
 The unhealthy bush pictured left, has already lost half of its size because the limbs were completely dead. The limbs broke off in one snap. I'm hoping to discover the name so I can look up how to treat its problems. The leaves are not falling off, but it is not producing any spring leaves and the old leaves have burnt spots and some type of mold on them as well.


Exactly on the other side of the house, the landscapers planted this bush. I think it may be a Dwarf Burford Holly? It's leaves are turning yellow. I read this is an iron deficiency. Due to the wet winter we have experienced, it seems the heavy rains washed the iron from this shrub. They don't like to be watered a lot. I amended the soil with iron and it seems to be perking up a bit, but we still have been having quite a bit of rain and am not sure if I need to keep adding more iron or what.
Dwarf Burford Holly? Sickly
Current


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.