Monday, April 7, 2014

Let It Be

Peas


I complained in a previous post - March 20th to be exact - how my garden was ruined because I planted too early. I told my native NC friend my disastrous attempt to not follow her advice. My favorite thing about "elderly" people? They are very forgiving in my experiences.

She didn't roll her eyes, or say, "didn't I tell you when to plant?", ect. She just encouraged me by saying, "don't worry, the seeds will still germinate when the temperature is right."

I didn't believe her....again. Yet, sure enough, this week all my lovely peas popped through. There are other greens that have poked through the soil, but I have no idea what they are....I think the curly leafy one is celery, but I'm not positive.
Blurry image of celery?
One lesson for sure, gardening exercises your faith! Your faith to believe in something you can not see. Your faith to believe in an occurrence you cannot observe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.