Monday, May 5, 2014

RoundUp Wars

Easter Lillies below the Azaleas
I am not a gardener. I love to garden, but I am learning right along with everyone else. I could not figure out why my healthy Easter Lillies were dying. Much less the dead grass on the other side of the house.

My husband and I have different methods of handling weeds. We have different perspectives on what makes a yard look presentable. Come to find out he has sprayed his beloved roundup along all the edges.

I gulped. Stated, "no wonder they died" and left it at that for the most part. I'm the organic gardener here. He is the conventional landscaper.

We haven't clashed yet. He lets me try to keep weeds under control organically, but puts his foot down when it comes to the actual yard.

With a big sigh, I stop writing this post.

2 comments:

  1. cheer up, you both are learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mom. It'll be a miracle if they survive the two of us! They have not bloomed or grown well since I transplanted them a few years back. I can't figure out if they are getting too little sun or too much.

    ReplyDelete

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.