Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lunar cycle

Cloudy Moon
I admit I don't follow this concept meticulously. For a complete lunar calendar, I visit this site regularly. I ran across the concept a few years ago.

The idea is basically this: root plants are placed in the soil during waning moon and leaf plants are placed in the soil during waxing moon.

Some words to understand:
waxing simply refers to growing
waning simply refers to shrinking
new moon simply refers to when you can't see the moon in the sky
full moon simply refers to when the moon is all there

I have to write these out because I get so easily confused by these four words that it makes me frustrated.

According to this year's lunar cycle the planting dates are:

Mar 1-15 Waxing Moon = Above ground plants
Mar 16-29 Waning Moon = Below ground plants


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.