Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May 2, 2014

Tree Stump Garden Bed
I'm just going to call this garden bed the Tree Stump garden bed. I had big dreams....ok, I still have big dreams for this tree stump!

When we moved here, there were morning glories all in this area. I can't remember, if I planted them, or they were here. They did not come back.

The tree stump has two hollow portions. I was going to fill them with dirt and plant plants that cascade down. Unfortunately, the ants claimed its home first.

I have rethought my plan. I read on a companion plant guide that mint deters ants. So yes, that is what I planted in this garden bed: mint and catnip. I'm hoping it is successful. Next year, I can have some summer cascading plants here!

Today's list of seed planted include:

Tree Stump Garden Bed:
Mint, garden heirloom
Catnip, wild heirloom

Garden Bed 3:
Cucumber, Homemade Pickles

 Garden Bed 5:
Cucumber, Homemade Pickles
Tomato, Homestead
Basil, Italian Large Leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.