Thursday, May 22, 2014

Watering Schedule

We had two rainwater barrels that came with the house. I need to set them back up! This is what we used to water the ornamental flowers and such.

Right now half my garden is mulched and half my garden is not. I am waiting for the seeds to come up before mulching.
So far I only water the vegetable garden 10 minutes in the morning before the sun hits it and 10 minutes at night as the sun sets.

Basically, you want the soil to remain moist as this encourages the seeds to sprout faster. Do not drown the soil! This truly is a balancing act.

  • 30 minutes at least
  • make sure soil is dark from moisture
  • note any standing water and figure a way for the water to either drain or run off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.