Sunday, February 23, 2014

Busy

With the beautiful weather, things have been busy around here.
 After all the running around Thursday, only the side shrubs were taken care of. I learned a lesson in
the process. Originally, I started with the following steps:
  1. Lay down paper bags over last year's pine needles to prevent weeds.
  2. Lay down pine needles at least an inch deep.....(all I had available from our property).
  3. Hoe a line the width of the hoe in front of the mulch.
  4. Sprinkle baking soda over the exposed dirt and water.
I've heard mixed reviews about baking soda preventing weeds and other sites saying it sweetens tomatoes.....so I'm not sure how well it will work.

Step 4 Complete Baking Soda

Step 3 Complete: Pine Shavings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.