Tuesday, February 11, 2014

"It's the Playbook, right?"

A book on my wishlist
"Fail to plan and you plan to fail." Or so I've heard the phrase around New Years and any other calendar event that influences people to set goals. I have a goal when it comes to gardening.
I do not have a plan to get there. Partly, my excuse is due to other responsibilities. Mostly, my other excuse is due to huge ideas and too little time to incorporate those ideas. With that said, tomorrow hopefully I will accomplish at least half? - ok, a quarter of what I need to get done before spring.
Here is my haphazardly, written plan for prepping this year's garden:
  • Get rid of all dead weeds from front garden, back garden, and side gardens
  • Create a "weed line" with baking soda (purely experimental, comes from the book up above)
  • Finish prepping the vegetable garden
  • Begin prepping the herb garden
  • Finish mulching the shrubs
  • Mulch all the fruit trees and shrubs
  • Clear out all the compost bins
  • Mulch the climbing roses
  • Feed the gardenia bush, azalea variety, and potted plants
  • Shape up the iris line
A pretty hefty plan without the details. This is a one person's project so it comes out to a lengthy process. 

2 comments:

  1. I know a lady who does a huge vegetable garden every year, raises chickens and pigs, butchers her own chickens, pigs, and deer, makes her own bacon, does her own canning, has a 5 year old, and works a full-time job. Her husband is "not allowed" to help with gardening because "he would mess it up" lol. You got this girl! You're doing such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! It's good to know someone else does this and more. Gives me motivation. Tomorrow's post is actually about the idea of raising livestock. :)

      Delete

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.