Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Planting from seed

Over and over again farmers in NC tell me they create their vegetable gardens from store-bought plants instead of seeds. If anyone truly knew my method of gardening, they would know I am die-hard: lunar, organic, heirloom, non-gmo, permaculture kind of method.

There are many wonderful sites for heirloom seeds. The website I order from, in my experience, has a high success rate of its seeds sprouting. My favorite option to order is their 99 cent samplers because I don't plant enough seeds to need more than what they provide in the sampler packs.
Spring Seeds

So here we are in the last week of February. I am behind as usual, 'cause I have so many ideas and no experience to execute them!
Here are the seeds I am planting now.  Those below the ground:
  • Carrots
  • Onions
  • Turnips
  • Potatoes
are planted directly into the soil here in NC. Those above ground:
  • Broccoli
  • Spinach
  • Celery
  • Lettuce
  • Peas
are planted indoors here in NC.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.