Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Seize the moment

There are days in the winter where the temperature is warmer than normal. Seize the opportunity. If you work and cannot head outdoors, defeat the winter blues preparing indoors for spring planting. I seized the moment yesterday to lay out my soil. I normally prep my soil in fall so that it has 6 months to decompose. This year, my compost piles have been sitting for over a year so I had the luxury to put it off until the end of winter.
  • Come up with a planting schedule
  • Make a list of veggies you eat regularly
  • Order the list of veggies
  • plan your planting location
  • assess the soil
  • schedule your planting season into your calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.