Saturday, March 15, 2014

Complete

Completed garden 2014
Working by myself this year, the garden was completed in 3 days of maybe 4 hours a day??? Grant it I had three little helpers who would dig up my beds while I was making them, trample what laid, ect. This garden is roughly 20 feet by 10 feet. My point.....lasagna gardening, aka, sheet composting works. This is something a feeble person could do on a smaller scale.

I finished cleaning out my compost bins and transferred compost from one bin back to this main bin. One thing I learned.....air keeps compost from smelling! My children had stuffed some compost in a trashcan we had by the garden. It rained and year later, I have dumped it out. It reeked so bad. In case you don't know. I don't like barnyard smell. When we first had our chickens and only one child. I cleaned out their wood shavings twice a day.
Completed compost pile


4 comments:

  1. lol those chicks were very spoiled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try, lol. My husband says the same thing. I spoil them too much. :)

      Delete
  2. I accidentally did this last year with my left over fiber from juicing. Wild tomatoes grew up where I composted. They were so healthy, wish I had planted real ones. You need to circulate this blog. More people need to enjoy it. It is great and I don't say it because I am your mother but because I enjoy gardening and am getting something out of this blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom. When the kids grow up, I will have a website and revamp the whole thing. By then I'll have more experience under my belt anyway :)

      Delete

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.