Friday, March 7, 2014

My Favorite Resources

I remember purchasing my first homestead book, when I was 12. Country Wisdom & Know How
Made Life simpler

First purchase
  It is still my favorite resource by far. Has addresses after each section to order (before computers were really taking off). You can find most of them have websites.

The book covered the basics of gardening, livestock, and home maintenance. There are recipes and plans. Just a great general book. I used to read it and dream of my own place.

My second purchase was specifically for gardening. This was another all-around book for gardening. So much info and practical tips I incorporated.

I am now impatiently awaiting my third purchase in 13 years. I cannot wait to see what this book holds. I don't have many resources at my fingertips, but I make sure it is something I can use continually over the years.

2 comments:

Ask a question, leave a comment. I love to chat over ideas, advice, and all things garden.